Elizabeth Fry Society of Saint John NB Inc
|Record #: HDC0129||Last Modified: 25 Jun 2019||Last Full Update: 25 Jun 2019|
|Toll Free Phone||866-301-8800|
|After Hours Phone||506-635-8851: Leave a Message. Calls returned as soon as possible.|
|Social Media||Facebook: www.facebook.com/The-Elizabeth-Fry-Society-of-Saint-John-NB-Inc-173421546050588/|
|Primary Contact||Judy Murphy, Executive Director, The Elizabeth Fry Society of Saint John NB Inc.; Phone: 506-635-8851 * 506-645-8851; Email: email@example.com|
|Alternate Contact||Kim, Womens' Support Services Coordinator, The Elizabeth Fry Society of Saint John NB Inc.; Phone: 506-635-8851; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Volunteer Coordinator||Judy Murphy, Executive Director, The Elizabeth Fry Society of Saint John NB Inc; Phone: 506-635-8851 * 506-645-8665; Email: email@example.com|
|Primary Executive||Wanda Cosman, President, Elizabeth Fry Society of Saint John NB Inc.; Phone: 506-333-1055 * 506-763-3737|
|Mailing Address||PO Box 23012
Saint John, NB E2J 4M1
|Description & Services|
|Description of service(s)||The Elizabeth Fry Society of Saint John NB supports women and their families affected by social-economic factors that may contribute to their being involved with the criminal justice system. Through E Fry’s advocacy work, education, community relationships and direct service, women and their families gain strength and resiliency to make positive change for themselves and their communities.
- Support Group (one to one and/or small group) for family members of offenders
- Scholarship Program: The Elizabeth Fry Society of Saint John NB Inc. recommends applicants to the Canadian Association of Elizabeth Fry Societies. Three are awarded annually in Atlantic Canada.
- Special Events: Annual vigil for Ashley Smith held in October.
-Town Hall Gatherings with EFRy SJ and the SJHDC to raise community awareness and invite dialogue about issues affecting criminalize women.
- EFry outreach in Miramichi in which volunteers offer activities and supports for women in NBWCC
-Partner with NBCC in InBloom project supporting single mothers continuing their post secondary education
- Court Support Services: volunteers attend court on a daily basis to assist women as they transition through the justice system, both in the criminal and mental health courts
- Trained volunteers in advocacy meet with women in Nova Institution for Women, Truro, NS oto discuss concerns or issues, assist in pre-release planning, access scholarships or bursaries, provide continued support once they return to their communities.
- Mother/Child Read Aloud: Volunteers invite women at the federal Nova Institution for Women in Truro NS them to read and record new books for their children. E Fry mails the books, recordings to each child.
- EFry SJ is partnering with Dalhousie University to develop resources for the caregivers of children whose mother participated in the - Mother Child Read Aloud Program to promote a love of reading and learning.
- Singing My Way Home is a project that EFry is partnering with Symphony NB to bring song writing workshops to women in the NB Women's Correctional Centre and Nova which will result in a performance in each institution.
|Hours||Monday-Friday 8:30 am-4:00 pm
To see someone specifically, please call in advance to set up a time.
|Areas Served||New Brunswick ; Atlantic Canada|
|Eligibility||Ages: 100 year(s) and under|
|Languages||English ; French|
|Located In Community||Saint John|
|Address & Map||
115 Charlotte Street St, 2nd floor
Saint John, NB E2L 2J2
View Google Map
|Accessibility||Not Accessible ; ***Note that accessibility is self-reported. Please contact the organization before arrival***|
|Service Level||(51) Registered Charity|
|Meetings||Board meetinghs by-monthly (excluding summer)|
|Service Categories||Court Orientation Programs ; General Victim Impact Programs ; Mothers ~ Offenders ; Offenders ~ Women|